Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do your friends look to your on Facebook and Twitter for the latest trends, ideas, and online memes? AWLO TV Network is based in Lagos and the premier Women WebTV. With a large number of unique visitors and many renowned celebrities using the site every day, we are looking to transform how the world sees the African women.
AWLO TV has a fast paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren’t to tackle big projects. AS an intern you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
- How to track social media analytics using HootSuite and other software, and report results and new ideas to our marketing team.
- Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- Creative feedback and viral loops between our Facebook Page, Twitter, and blog accounts.
- Assist of Creative Director in building and presenting social media strategy.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Formal or informal background in Marketing, Communication, non-profit management or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
- Interested in the issue equal access to learning resources and generally socially conscious individual.
- Interest in management and community development.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, a master of twitter(and HootSuite manager), and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overaching outreach goals in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the marketing field.
The position begins July 1st and ends September 31st. You are expected to work at least 35 hours a week.
To apply please submit your application to the Career desk using the apply button below.